Transportation Senior Mechanic
Location: Birmingham Plant
This employee must have advanced knowledge and ability in the repair and maintenance of commercial vehicles.
- Must have experience and training in proper inspection and repair of commercial vehicles to comply with all Local, State, and Federal laws.
- Must have knowledge to identify problems and make repairs to vehicles up to and including Class 8 commercial vehicles.
- Repairs must be made in a timely manner to accommodate transport schedules set by shipping schedules.
- Sublet repairs to outside vendors must be monitored and coordinated.
- Must have training and/or experience to perform maintenance and repairs on automobiles and route vehicles.
- Must have skills in gasoline or diesel engine repair and be able to install and service both automatic and manual transmissions.
- Must have verifiable experience in the replacement of major components including brakes, wiring, suspension, drive train, fuel and cooling systems, and body accessories.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Inventories of company parts must be kept and charged out as needed and accurate records must be maintained.