Maintenance Specialist B
Location: Birmingham Plant
This employee will be responsible for electrical and mechanical repairs as well as welding and cutting in an industrial setting.
- Repairs and maintains machinery, plumbing, physical structure and electrical wiring.
- All repairs must be in accordance with blueprints and building codes.
- Dismantles machines or equipment to gain access to defective parts using hand tools, electrician’s tools, or plumbing tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys and other parts.
- Repairs or replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and other plumbing equipment.
- Installs electrical equipment and repairs or replaces wiring and fixtures.
- Operates welding equipment and torches to repair or fabricate equipment.
THIS JOB DISCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THIS EMPLOYEE. THIS EMPLOYEE WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND TO PERFORM ANY OTHER DUTIES UPON THE REQUEST OF HIS/HER SUPERIOR.