Location: Birmingham Plant
- Supervises processing operations for Multi-Pack and Tortilla lines. Monitors product quality and material levels. Substitutes for processing personnel as needed.
- Supervises processing operations to include continuous frying line, cheese curl and tortilla production.
- Schedules personnel and monitors attendance. Responsible for timecard approvals.
- Supervises daily and end of week cleaning.
- Monitors equipment operations and communicates breakdowns to maintenance or electrical departments.
- Monitors quantities of oil in storage tanks and communicates oil levels to Utility Supervisor.
- Maintains corn inventory, potatoes and oil and coordinates procurement with Purchasing Manager.
- Maintains daily operation reports and submits them to the Production Manager weekly.
- Directs others in completing varied department projects.
- Monitors product quality and communicates daily with the Production Manager.
- Monitors potato quality after peeling.
- Monitors chip quality by inspecting thickness, color, and crispness.
- Monitors shape and thickness of corn products.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Substitutes for processing personnel during work breaks or lunches as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge and skills in operating frying and peeling equipment, and cleaning procedures (hot oils, caustic compounds).
- Interpersonal and supervisory skills to lead others.
- Knowledge and skills in operating hand cooked frying and cleaning procedures preferred.
- Knowledge and skills in tortilla equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of safety data and some quality control procedures (FFA, salt %, moisture %).
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Responsible to follow all safety rules and work safely at all times.
- Responsible to report unsafe equipment and practices to supervisor.
- Must adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Excess heat.
- Moderate noise.
- Slippery floors.
- Standing and walking 90% of the time.
- Required to wear non-slip shoes and appropriate personal protective equipment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.