Transportation Basic Mechanic
Location: Birmingham Plant
This employee will perform basic mechanical procedures on company owned vehicles.
- Must have basic knowledge of maintaining and servicing vehicles.
- Makes minor repairs to lights, wiper arms, belts, hoses, batteries, computer cables, and other components as needed under the supervision and direction of other employees.
- Keeps an inventory of parts and accessories and fills orders for parts as needed.
- Mounts and balances tires as well as services and inspects tires and works with hand tools in truck shop maintenance area.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THIS EMPLOYEE. THIS EMPLOYEE WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS OR PERFORM ANY OTHER DUTIES UPON THE REQUEST OF HIS/HER SUPERIOR.